Today we are chatting with Dominic Cruz, who is a breakup expert, on a mission to help young men and women recover from their breakup so they can be more at peace and be fulfilled to find hope and peace in their future relationships.
Today he is sharing his tops top ways to prevent your relationship from failing.
1.Getting to know each other- We are continually changing over time and it is important to be committed to getting to know each other as we evolve. Dominic’s motto is “Always be learning and always be better than yesterday”. We can do this by constantly being curious and wanting to get to know our partner- regardless of how long you have been together.
2. Date Night- its so important. A few parameters for date night is its NOT a time to talk about stressful things like the kids, or careers, or problems in the relationship. It IS for fun! It is just a few hours one night a week that you can share your passions with your partner. If you miss it this week, you do it twice the next week. Protect the time you have together, have fun, be together and do not be stressed.
3. Have a vision and share your goals – plan for ‘we’. Don’t have the mindset of what makes “me” happy. Instead have it as what makes “us” happy. When planning your life together you will find that you have different values. Make sure to share and learn each other’s values along the way. Don’t be afraid if they are different. We grow from challenges and they make our relationship stronger.
To learn more about Dominic and his mission you can find him on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PoppinDom7
His book 10 Simple Tips to Get Over Your Ex is available on Amazon.
Today we are talking with the amazing Kirsten Karchmer. She is a health tech pioneer, a women’s health expert and Founder & CEO of Forever Brazen. Kirsten is leading a women’s revolution to eradicate PMS and cramping!
In the last 20 years Kirsten had started and built one of the largest fertilities and women’s health clinics in North America. She has helped over 10,000 women struggling with infertility to conceive using information based on their periods. Kirsten is currently working on an app that will help gather information about each woman’s period and cycles to help them better understand what they can do to help them live a happier life during that dreaded monthly time. Kirsten currently offers formula blends of different natural herbs and ingredients that is a proven system to help give relief for cramps, PMS or both!
Talking about our periods is such a taboo in so many circles in the world and Kirsten strives to get as much information out there for all women, young and older. Her and Forever Brazen donate 5% of sales to help get supplies for all women around the world who may need help getting items that are needed for their periods. She has also wrote a book called Seeing Red which can be found on amazon, link below, that she recommends for all women to start, if you want to learn more details on periods, cramps and ways to alleviate those pains and suffering. She also is on TikTok and Instagram offering videos and advice for any woman any age to follow and learn more. She wants everyone to be Brazen and Forever feeling happy!
For more information on the herbs and blends, check out her website
Grab her book below!
Or follow her on TikTok – @theperiodexpert
And on IG – @ForeverBrazen
Today’s episode is an interview with Laurie McCracken about her journey of sexual self-discovery from a Catholic Nun to a holistic health and sexuality coach teaching Tantra as medicine.
As a former nun, oncology nurse, holistic health coach, and energy medicine practitioner, Laurie is passionate about supporting the healing and transformation needed to reunite our sexuality with our spirituality. She knows personally the emotional, physical, and mental trauma this “disconnect” can create in one’s life. Laurie has also experienced firsthand the profound healing and transformation Authentic Tantra® offers, as a way to heal from the inside out.
To find out more about what services Laurie provides, please go to her website at: https://lauriemccracken.com/.
If you are interested in joining us for the 14 Days to Better Sex Challenge, please register here: https://onthebrightersideofmarriage.com/14-daychallenge
Have you ever planned your work meetings and social calendar around your menstrual cycle? If your answer is no, be sure to tune into this episode! Today I’m having so much fun chatting with my friend, April Davis, the creator of the Vagina Blog and the Vagina Blog Podcast. She teaches women that when you cater to your cyclical nature, you find you have hidden strengths and that there is value in resting and respecting your menstrual cycle.
April compares our menstrual cycle to the 4 changing seasons:
· Winter- is when we are menstruating. We are very intuitive during this phase and feel a strong need to hibernate. We tend to be attracted to warmer, nutrient dense foods and enjoy staying close to home.
· Spring- is the follicular phase when we have an internal energy surge. This is a great time to take on big projects and utilize the extra motivation to take action.
· Summer- is when we ovulate. We are “easy, breezy, and beautiful” during this phase. We tend to look better on camera and love being around people.
· Fall- this is the luteal phase. We are in preparation for winter. During this phase, our hormones crash and we start to question every life decision we have ever made. We sometimes hate ourselves and our spouses during this time. It’s probably not the best time to take on a big new project at work or go on a fun family vacation.
So, the next time you are planning an anniversary trip, get your calendar out. Plan it around your cycle and go during your Spring or follicular stage right after your period. This way you are feeling “up for it”, have high energy, and are feeling adventurous. Your spouse will thank you.
Be sure to check out April’s resources mentioned in the episode by going to:
Podcast: The Vagina Blog Podcast
For more resources about marriage and female sexual health, join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/otbsofmarriage/
As a part of the Sexual Health Series, today we are chatting with the amazing Kristen Jenson, author of the best-selling Good Pictures Bad Pictures series. She shares with us; how important it is to talk with our children about pornography.
Kristen loves helping and empowering parents. She encourages them and equips them with what to do WHEN (not if) their child sees pornography. These books give children a simple and age appropriate definition of what a bad picture is, and what to do when they see it.
At what age, is it appropriate to talk to your child about pornography?? Well… “At what age does your child have access to the internet”? WOAH! A big eye opener.
Even with the best technology and ALL of the filters we put in place. There will come a time, when your child is staring at a screen full of adult content. Will they know what to do when they see it? Will they come home and tell you about it?
Kristen teaches us the importance of having these difficult conversations early on. It actually strengthens the parent-child bond when you face these challenges together and even more, helps our children have healthy sex lives when they are married.
If you have additional questions about your child and pornography visit ProtectYoungMinds.org or you can grab yourself a copy of these books over on Amazon! You can also find resources on Facebook, Instagram @protectyoungminds, or Twitter @ProtectYM
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast, so you don’t miss an episode and starting in July, every Friday, we’ll be talking to couples as part of our Conversations with Interracial Couples Series.
If you loved this episode, please share it with your loved ones, because sharing is caring and be sure to check us out on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/monitanner1 for a chance to win autographed copies of Good Pictures, Bad Pictures.