Today’s episode is an interview with live coach and intimacy expert, Amanda Louder. We discuss how to change your mindset to increase desire and why that is so beneficial to becoming the best version of ourselves. We debunk several desire diminishers and talk about how to feel confident and sexy inside and outside of the bedroom.
To check out Amanda’s special gift to my listeners Roadmap to Personal Pleasure, go to this link: https://amandalouder.com/brighterside/
To find other amazing resources by Amanda, go to her website: https://amandalouder.com/ or her podcast: Live From Love on your favorite podcast listening app.
You can find my FREE How to Get More Support From Your Husband here: https://onthebrightersideofmarriage.com/husbandsupport and register for the 5 Day Seduce Your Spouse Challenge here: https://onthebrightersideofmarriage.com/syschallenge
Today we are chatting with Dominic Cruz, who is a breakup expert, on a mission to help young men and women recover from their breakup so they can be more at peace and be fulfilled to find hope and peace in their future relationships.
Today he is sharing his tops top ways to prevent your relationship from failing.
1.Getting to know each other- We are continually changing over time and it is important to be committed to getting to know each other as we evolve. Dominic’s motto is “Always be learning and always be better than yesterday”. We can do this by constantly being curious and wanting to get to know our partner- regardless of how long you have been together.
2. Date Night- its so important. A few parameters for date night is its NOT a time to talk about stressful things like the kids, or careers, or problems in the relationship. It IS for fun! It is just a few hours one night a week that you can share your passions with your partner. If you miss it this week, you do it twice the next week. Protect the time you have together, have fun, be together and do not be stressed.
3. Have a vision and share your goals – plan for ‘we’. Don’t have the mindset of what makes “me” happy. Instead have it as what makes “us” happy. When planning your life together you will find that you have different values. Make sure to share and learn each other’s values along the way. Don’t be afraid if they are different. We grow from challenges and they make our relationship stronger.
To learn more about Dominic and his mission you can find him on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PoppinDom7
His book 10 Simple Tips to Get Over Your Ex is available on Amazon.
Today’s episode is an interview with Laurie McCracken about her journey of sexual self-discovery from a Catholic Nun to a holistic health and sexuality coach teaching Tantra as medicine.
As a former nun, oncology nurse, holistic health coach, and energy medicine practitioner, Laurie is passionate about supporting the healing and transformation needed to reunite our sexuality with our spirituality. She knows personally the emotional, physical, and mental trauma this “disconnect” can create in one’s life. Laurie has also experienced firsthand the profound healing and transformation Authentic Tantra® offers, as a way to heal from the inside out.
To find out more about what services Laurie provides, please go to her website at: https://lauriemccracken.com/.
If you are interested in joining us for the 14 Days to Better Sex Challenge, please register here: https://onthebrightersideofmarriage.com/14-daychallenge
Have you ever planned your work meetings and social calendar around your menstrual cycle? If your answer is no, be sure to tune into this episode! Today I’m having so much fun chatting with my friend, April Davis, the creator of the Vagina Blog and the Vagina Blog Podcast. She teaches women that when you cater to your cyclical nature, you find you have hidden strengths and that there is value in resting and respecting your menstrual cycle.
April compares our menstrual cycle to the 4 changing seasons:
· Winter- is when we are menstruating. We are very intuitive during this phase and feel a strong need to hibernate. We tend to be attracted to warmer, nutrient dense foods and enjoy staying close to home.
· Spring- is the follicular phase when we have an internal energy surge. This is a great time to take on big projects and utilize the extra motivation to take action.
· Summer- is when we ovulate. We are “easy, breezy, and beautiful” during this phase. We tend to look better on camera and love being around people.
· Fall- this is the luteal phase. We are in preparation for winter. During this phase, our hormones crash and we start to question every life decision we have ever made. We sometimes hate ourselves and our spouses during this time. It’s probably not the best time to take on a big new project at work or go on a fun family vacation.
So, the next time you are planning an anniversary trip, get your calendar out. Plan it around your cycle and go during your Spring or follicular stage right after your period. This way you are feeling “up for it”, have high energy, and are feeling adventurous. Your spouse will thank you.
Be sure to check out April’s resources mentioned in the episode by going to:
Podcast: The Vagina Blog Podcast
For more resources about marriage and female sexual health, join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/otbsofmarriage/
This week, I’m interviewing Laura M. Brotherson, certified sex therapist and author of Knowing Her Intimately: 12 Keys for Creating a Sextraordinary Marriage. Laura is one of my first mentors on this topic and I hope to follow in her footsteps, helping couples understand the true importance of sex within the marriage relationship.
In this episode, we discuss the 12 T’s of female sexual wiring and how each of them contribute to creating a truly transcendent experience for both partners. Here are a few of the resources we mentioned in the interview:
- BOOK – Knowing HER Intimately: 12 Keys for Creating a Sextraordinary Marriage use the code ‘knowher’ to get the book for just $10.
- HANDOUT – “12 T’s of Female Sexual Wholeness“
- WEBSITES – StrengtheningMarriage.com and The Marital Intimacy Institute – especially Laura’s Resources Page
Also mentioned in this episode, I am doing a YouTube series on the Laura’s 12 T’s. Episode #1 on Transformed can be found here.
If you have any questions about anything you heard in this episode, you can schedule a relationship breakthrough call with me here.
Also, make sure you are subscribed to this podcast, because starting this week, we will be publishing 2 episodes each week. The second will be Conversations with Interracial Couples and you do not want to miss these important conversations.